Thursday, October 8, 2009

RECOGNIZING THE NEED

One common theme for young players is that when they find success, whether it is winning an award or just being a starter, they tend to believe they have 'arrived'.

That is not the case with Bulls point guard Derrick Rose, who was Rookie of the Year. Rose wants to be a better leader, despite only being 19 years old. Here is an except from the Chicago Tribune:

"I need to work on my jump shot, my defense and becoming a leader. I've got to lead the team better. I've got to control the game a little more as a point guard. I can't come down and shoot seven shots in a row. I still have to look for people and get them open."

"I learned so much this season by putting myself in a good position to learn. I came in, played my role as a rookie, listened to my veterans and led by my work ethic. There's always room for improvement. I plan to work so hard, you'll be able to tell I got better."

(thanks coach Cooley)

No comments: