Sunday, November 23, 2008

IT TAKES MORE THAN JUST TALENT

We hear the word talent used over and over again in sports, yet talent isn’t what makes you successful.  It’s the little things that make up your character like values, behaviors and goals that provide the real foundation for success.  "Too many talented people who start with an advantage over others lose that advantage because they rest on their talent instead of raising it.  They assume talent will keep them out front."

- John Maxwell

Here are Maxwell's 13 keys to maximizing talent:

1.  Belief lifts my talent.
2.  Passion energizes my talent.
3.  Initiative activates my talent.
4.  Focus directs my talent.
5.  Preparation positions my talent.
6.  Practice sharpens my talent.
7.  Perseverance sustains my talent.
8.  Courage tests my talent.
9.  Teachability expands my talent.
10. Character protects my talent.
11. Relationships influence my talent.
12. Responsibility strengthens my talent.
13. Teamwork multiplies my talent.

4:13

No comments: