Wednesday, November 5, 2008

THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING GAMES

The most difficult part of a new tradition is getting rid of the old one.  Central & Aletheia have a long tradition of being the weaker sisters among the 18 siblings in the Panhandle Conference.

Real progress for a team begins when losses start to sting again.  When the perennial conference doormats get tired of being stepped on by the others.  When losing just flat out becomes unacceptable.

Are they at that point yet?  I’m not sure.  But with both teams tasting victory in the Final Four for the first time in more than five years, our weaker sisters are going to try and stand up to us.  They are going to show that are finally tired of being picked on.  

Do they really have what it takes to whip up on the big sister?

Let’s see…we will be in our gym, on our court, shooting at our rims, with our referees, and with our fans in the stands…hmmm, I say no.

Although they may believe they can, it’s not what they believe that matters, it’s what we believe that counts.

I believe speed kills.  I believe aggressive defense beats offense every time.  I believe demoralizing a team early breaks their will to fight back.  I believe confidence is contagious.  I believe the game is won long before either team steps onto the court.  I believe in 4:13.

I believe…and that’s why we will win. 

4:13

No comments: