Friday, October 31, 2008

The Rumor Is True

Unfortunately, the rumor floating around the school since Volleyball & Soccer season is true.  

The decision was made that athletes will no longer be allowed to wear warm up pants or game shorts to school on game days.  That decision was based in-part on an incident that occurred during Volleyball & Soccer season involving what a couple of the athletes were wearing to school on game days.

I have traded numerous emails back & forth today with the decision maker regarding this issue and although I have pleaded our case to be able to wear the warmups…unfortunately it doesn’t look like I have been able to reverse the decision. However, I was able to get permission to allow the girls team to wear their long sleeve game day shirts to school instead of wearing the jersey with an undershirt beneath it as the boys are going to have to do. 

I know this decision will probably irritate some of you (as it does me), however, please do not voice your opinion to others outside of our team.  That will only make matters worse if the wrong people hear it and it could possibly jeopardize our game day shirts as well. 

I have also asked if the girls can be released from class a little earlier on game days in order to be able to change into our warmups before we get onto the bus.  I have not received an answer yet, so please keep your opinions on this matter to each other and no one else (especially the boys).  

Besides, it’s not the uniform or the shoes that wins the game…it’s the one wearing it.

No comments: