Sunday, January 4, 2009

WHY NOT START NOW?

IT’S THE START THAT STOPS MOST PEOPLE.
The hardest part is getting started.  The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu said, “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”  Are you procrastinating? Procrastination is getting ready to get ready.  What are you waiting for?  Don’t get ready to start working on a particular skill. START WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW!!!  Don’t let the start stop you.

ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE UP WHAT YOU WANT NOW FOR WHAT YOU WANT MOST?
I once saw this quote on a T-shirt:  “You can always retake the course, but you’ll never be able to make up the party.”  Typical college quote, but dangerous advice!  For the next few weeks, the important thing is to make the important thing the important thing.  The important thing right now is getting better and finishing stronger than we started.  Fight through those feelings that you don’t need to improve or that’s it’s probably too late to improve. Fight through those feelings when you just don’t feel like working hard.  Fight through those feelings of “senioritis” and “spring fever.”  Delay gratification -- PUT IN THE EXTRA WORK! Don’t sacrifice the MOST for the NOW.

ARE YOU GOING TO SAY, “I’M GLAD I DID” OR “I WISH I HAD”? 
Why should you get started now?  Some day in the middle of March, you’re going to have played at Nationals.  When you look at your results for those games, are you going to say to yourself, “I’m glad I did” or “I wish I had”? 

Don’t let today's temporary “obstacles” get in your way, you’ll happily be able to say, “I’m glad I did.”  But, if you do delay, and let the obstacles interfere, you’ll regretfully say, “I wish I had.”

THE INCONVIENIENCE IS TEMPORARY; THE REWARD IS FOREVER.

4:13

No comments: