Sunday, January 4, 2009

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

I believe I’m a work in progress and there will always be a gap between whom I am and who I want to be.

I believe every day brings opportunities to learn and do something meaningful.

I believe the true test of my character is whether I do the right thing even when it might cost more than I want to pay.

I believe no matter how I behave, some people will be mean-spirited, dishonest, irresponsible, and unkind, but if I fight fire with fire, all I’ll end up with are the ashes of my own integrity.

I believe life is full of joys and sorrows and my happiness will depend on how well I handle each.

I believe pain is inevitable but suffering is optional, and if I can control my attitude, I can control my life.

I believe kindness matters and snide comments and badly timed criticisms can cause lasting hurt.

I believe there’s joy in gratitude and freedom in forgiveness, but both require conscientious effort.

I believe what is fun or pleasurable is not always good for me and what is good for me is not always fun or pleasurable.

I believe no one is happy all the time, but in the end I can be as happy as I’m willing to be.

I believe the surest road to happiness is maintain good relationships.

4:13

No comments: