Wednesday, September 9, 2009

INSIDE THE MIND OF MJ

With the NBA Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony set for this weekend honoring the best hoops player of all time, I thought it relevant to drop a few quotes from MJ. It's easy to see why he was considered the best.

4:13

"I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win."

"I've never been afraid to fail."

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."

“I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me . . . Failure always made me try harder next time.”

“I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.”

"I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartily. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results."

“There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and
never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to
sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in
the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual
goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest
is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades
will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and
intelligence win championships.”

No comments: