Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A BAND of BROTHERS

Came across a great article today that was written by, of all people, Lebron James on how he got into basketball as a 5th grader and the winding path it took him on. Definitely worth the read.

The bond he had with his teammates reminds me a lot of the 2006-07 team at CCS.

"He was hard on me, almost ruthless. He believed that perfection was obtainable, and would not tolerate mistakes. He cracked my game open as if it were worthless, all glitter and no substance, self-absorbed flash and style. I played no defense. I was selfish. I knew fundamentals but had no use for them. I figured at the time he just hated me, thought I was some ghetto-kid hot dog who would never be a team player. But I now realize what he was doing, and I’m lucky he was doing it."

- Lebron James speaking about his interaction with his high school coach on his first day of basketball practice as a freshman.

No comments: