Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NOBODY IS JUST BORN WITH IT

"This is the NFL.  People see guys out there playing on Sunday afternoons and they see us having fun and dancing in the game, but they don't realize how much work it takes it takes to come into the league.  

I come in and work every day.  You go to work from 9 to 5, or 7 to 3.  I come to work (practice) from 7 to 6 every day.  I got an hour lunch break before I go back to work just like you do.  So, it's the same exact thing.  You work behind a desk in an air-conditioned office and I work in the weight room and run until I’m drenched in sweat on the practice field every day.  I go home at night physically bruised and beaten, totally exhausted.  I wish more people understood what it takes to get to the highest level."

- Leon Washington, NFL running back discussing his life in professional football

No comments: