Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WHAT IS IT THAT DRIVES YOU?

"At this point of my career, I have only one goal.  Not numbers, not stats.  I want to win a championship.  I've seen a lot of other players I respect win them, and it drives me.  It's all I care about right now.  The records ... you can have the records.  I respect them, but I'm playing only to win.

"Do I want it?  I want it more than anything.  It's something you dream of growing up, winning the Super Bowl.  I grew up a big Cowboys fan in Texas and watched them go from 1-15 to winning three Super Bowls.  It's like I was a part of the team, I rooted for them so hard.  I remember the Super Bowl titles, not the individual achievements.  And I'm telling you, that's what drives me.''

- LaDanian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers, San Diego Chargers

No comments: