Monday, September 13, 2010

SHOOTING TIPS WHILE BEING DEFENDED


How do I handle my defender when I'm shooting?

My defender likes to play me in a low wide defensive stance: I should be prepared to shoot the ball quickly if I am in scoring position... and especially if I can get my defender to be overly concerned about my ability to drive to the basket.

My defender is playing me exceptionally tight: I may have to put the ball down hard to the basket with at least one long low dribble, or two medium low dribbles behind the defender to drive them off to create shooting space... or better yet in trying to draw a foul.

My defender likes to rise up quickly to challenge my shot:
I should be prepared to present believable shot fakes to get them to elevate their center of gravity at which time I quickly penetrate by them to an area where I can safely get the shot off without a hard challenge.

(Thanks Basketball Highway)

No comments: