Monday, September 27, 2010

DO YOU REALLY WANT IT?

When Maurice Douglas arrived at the Chicago Bears training camp, he asked legendary runner Walter Payton if he could train with him. According to Douglas, "The first thing we did was warm up and then we walked over to the famous hill he trained on. He explained the goal was to run up the hill as fast as you could and then rest on your walk back down.


So we exploded up the hill. My heart was beating out of my chest as we reached the top…As soon as we reached the bottom we turned around and headed back up. I got halfway up the hill and turned around, walked back down, puked, and then got in my car and went home.” When Maurice finished the story, he confessed, “The difference between Walter and me was that he wanted it more than me.”

No comments: