Saturday, August 28, 2010

4 "WHAT'S" TO CREATE VALUE

Kevin Eastman recently held his annual COACHING U clinic in Vegas and talked about the responsibility to create your value to your team belongs to YOU.

ATHLETES: Your contribution to your team is your responsibility, not your coaches. How much a basketball player contributes to his or her team’s success is determined by each athlete, individually. And so, the following questions apply…

1. What does my team need most (offensively, defensively, in the locker room, etc?

2. What things am I good at that I can become great at AND meet my team’s greatest needs?

3. What are the little, nameless, often unnoticed acts that I can do, that no ones wants to do – between the lines and outside the lines?

4. What things should I avoid – both on and off the court? (What things should I add to my stop-doing list as a basketball player, teammate or person?)

How do you rate yourself against Kevin Eastman’s four point checklist? What things are you going to start doing today; and, stop-doing?

(Thanks PGC & Sefu Bernard)

No comments: