Thursday, November 5, 2009

WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

At the end of each season, the players return their uniforms and game bags to me.

For the seniors, I allow them to keep their game bags and just turn in their uniforms in a plastic bag. It's my hope that they see the bag as a small reminder for them to remember their time on the team.

As I recently opened the plastic bags to inventory the uniforms and hand them out to this seasons players, I was pleasantly surprised to find another type of small reminder.

Pinned to the front of one of the seniors jersey was a 3x5 note card from a young lady that not only left her mark in the record books here at CCS, but also on those she played with and yes, even those that may not have known her.

I have been blessed to have some high character athletes over the past few years, and they continue to leave their mark on the program.

4:13

No comments: