Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In His Name We Play

Hey chikas! =)
It's Sheff...thank you all for your prayers and for being so sweet
and concerned with my sprained ankle at Friday's game. I've not actually had any pain (besides that awful ice-bath...WHEW! If you have a random urge for pain, do that! just kidding!) So, the swelling has gone down a lot and I put the crutches down today! Yay! However, the swelling isn't completely gone and it's a beautiful shade of purple (doesn't quite match our uniforms yet...!) So we will have to see how it is by the Christmas Tournament. If I have my way (since I'm already walking on it) I will definitely want to play, but if it puts my ankle in jeopardy for our regular season, it may be wiser for me to allow it longer to heal.

This is not bad news for the team! We have a wonderful team filled with amazing talent! Every single one of our team members is vital to the team and the performance of the game! I absolutely LOVE our team- each one of you girls are my sister in Christ. And I have to say- I'm sure you'll agree- that not only do we have the BEST basketball team ever, but our Coach is awesome! He's not JUST a coach, but he really makes an effort to relate to us and is more like a team-dad! Thanks Coach Ty!

So whether or not I will be able to play in the Cmas Tourney, each one of you has the capability to play to the best of your ability and I pray that God will give you all the strength to play your hardest and to encourage your teammates, building them up spiritually and mentally! Keep that in mind at the practices preceding the tournament and as the Christmas Tournament comes closer. We have the power of Philippians 4:13! =D

I love you all so much- hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

♥ Merry Christmas Ladies!! ♥









No comments: