Thursday, December 6, 2007

God is REALLY-REALLY in Control - Pt. III


I received a most unexpected e-mail this morning from Coach Jackson at Montreat Christian College in North Carolina. Back in August, he and I had traded a few e-mails back & forth regarding Liz and he had watched some game film on her. His assessment of her game was brutally honest and to the point: She didn’t look exceptionally quick and her size would likely be a detriment. He said she needed to have something that set her apart from the others competing for the same scholarship.

Needless to say, Montreat was no longer interested.

Okay…back to my unexpected e-mail this morning….Coach Jackson wanted to know if Liz had decided on a school or committed to play anywhere yet. Hearing that he was interested made me feel good, but it was too little too late. I reluctantly wrote him back informing him about her injury and fully expecting to receive the “sorry about that” response. But instead, he said they were still interested in her and that he wanted me to forward some additional info to him.

More updates soon!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

o my goodness! that is so exciting! ill be praying for her!