Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Slaying the Giant


Before I get started, let me be clear about one thing…I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN. However, there is on occasion a loss that isn’t necessarily a bad thing and last night’s 6-point loss to Bethlehem was just such a game.

In the eight-year history of the Covenant basketball program, the Lady Lions have never beaten Bethlehem. To give you an idea of how good Bethlehem usually is…last season they lost most of their games and they still beat Covenant by 33-points. Call them our Goliath if you will, but I felt pretty good at the end of last night’s game because we are getting closer to slaying the giant. I saw some good things from our team. From a scoring standpoint, we had four girls with 6-points each, which is an indicator of a well-balanced scoring attack which we have been missing since the season started (meaning that we are starting to find our identity on offense).

I can feel the ‘Mo (momentum for you younger girls) building up and I think we will be primed to unleash some fury against Emmanuel on Friday.

HOORA!

No comments: