Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WHAT DID I ACCOMPLISH TODAY?

If you were to ask every player on your team if they want to win the conference championship this coming season... I'm almost positive that every single player would answer "yes!"

But if you were to ask those same players what they did today to improve their game... to ensure they are adequately prepared to play for the championship... how many of your teammates would actually have an answer involving some type of specific practice to improve an area of their game?

Every player on every team wants to win a championship. There is nothing special about that. Those that really want to win, work on their game daily with a specific goal in mind toward improving. If you're serious about improving your game, you should be asking yourself these questions on a daily basis:

1. What were my top 3 objectives today for improving my game?

2. How many of the 3 objectives did I accomplish today?

3. How many did I fail in meeting?

3. What caused me to fail in meeting them?

4. What could I have done differently to have met those objectives?

5. What did I learn today?

6. What additional assistance do I need to succeed?

You first have to know where you are... before you can map out how to get where you want to go.

4:13

No comments: