Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ARE YOU PRACTICING ACCORDING TO YOUR ASPIRATIONS?

Regardless of which sport you play, if you are committed to improvement, apply yourself and put in the work, good things seem to follow.

Jacob Coker is living proof.  The Mobile (Ala.) St. Paul Episcopal product was a virtual unknown when he attended the Jimbo Fisher Camp in 2010.  That didn’t last long.

Coker made all the throws, showed good footwork and athleticism, and impressed with his knowledge of the game.  He was offered on the spot and by June 21, Coker committed to Florida State.

“My junior year, ...I knew that my highlight film probably wasn’t impressive – it wasn’t that long at all.  I knew in the offseason that I would have to work real hard to get to where I wanted to be, that was to be playing big-time Division-1 football."  Coker explained.

"After football season, I started working out twice every day and I would throw the football every day.  I did whatever I could to make myself better.  I worked on five-step drops, quick reads, shotgun, all of that stuff, deep balls, intermediate balls, short balls – everything.  I knew that camps probably wouldn’t get me where I wanted to be and that I still had something to prove, but luckily I had some good showing at camps and I got a few offers.  I am real happy that Florida State offered me, that is for sure. It is a big-time college that I would love to play at and I am extremely excited about playing for them.”

As of just after midday on February 2, Coker is officially a part of the Seminoles family.  While he is excited to be a part of what is going on in Tallahassee, he knows his hard work isn’t over yet.

Are YOU practicing according to YOUR aspirations?

(Thanks Noles 24/7)

No comments: