Monday, April 13, 2009

JUNE SCRIMMAGE

As I have already mentioned in a previous email, a team from Knoxville, TN (Webb School) will be in town the first week of June to play a game against Arnold and Rutherford, and they have asked to play us on Thursday June 4th at our gym.  

I have told the coach that we will gladly play them if we have enough to put a team together.  He doesn’t care if we pick up a couple of players from other schools, use former players (graduates), or even dress out in uniforms.

He is a first-year coach at the school and wants to put his team in game-like situations to see what he has to work with next season and what areas need improvement before the season starts.  Sounds like a smart coach.

I’ve only heard from four of you that are interested in participating in the scrimmage.  Please confirm that you either will…or will not be participating in the scrimmage.  If I can get a head count, I’ll know how many other players I’ll need to contact to fill our roster.

4:13

No comments: