Thursday, May 6, 2010

STAY IN THE MIDDLE


You feel pretty good after a huge scoring outburst, right?  It's always nice to score 30 points, everything went your way and things just seemed to flow so naturally for you, you were "in the zone"...does this sound familiar?
Pretty awesome feeling right?
On the other hand, you feel awful after a terrible game in which you scored 2 points, your team lost and your shot wasn't falling at all...this should bring back a terrible feeling you once had?
Has this dynamic ever happened to you?
A huge lesson I had to learn was that I was never as good as my 35 point games and I was never as bad as my 2 point games...I was somewhere in the middle and that was something I had to understand. The true lesson to learn here is that consistency reigns in basketball and the more consistent you are the better off you will be. The faster you find "your middle" the more comfortable and confident your game will be.
Never get to high on yourself and never get to down on yourself, strive for excellence and your"somewhere in the middle" will be just fine!

(Thanks Danny from iAthletes)

No comments: